Thursday 24 March 2011

A/W 2011 Prediction - Are you FUR real?

I have decided to blog about the catwalk trends that I think will be hot on the high-street for Fall 2011.
I will look at the macro trends that will be statement looks/pieces and the subtle micro trends.
So we shall see if my mystic powers of prediction are right on the money in a few months time...

A/W 2010 saw a lot of fur - specifically fur coats. Leopard print and cream were the key colours and patterns. I am predicting that fur will make another appearance in 2011, however this time fur will be a lot more contemporary as it seems that the catwalk designers have given fur a bit of a face lift. Coloured fur will be major in fall, think dark purples and teal green. There will be fur scarfs, fur trimmings on a number of different garments such as dresses, hats and coats. The key to this trend is to totally rethink the ways in which we wear fur - the phase less is more applies to this MACRO trend.

The Italian designers really spear headed this trend for example Gucci, Giorgio Armani,  Emilio Pucci, and Prada. Which comes as no surprise seeing as the Italians are renowned for their use of fur.

The high-street brands that I can see adopting this trend are River Island - who are known for their detailing and 'glamness', who will take the fur paneling look. And I can see Topshop, Zara and high end shops such as Whistles adopting the coloured fur in rich colours and fur scarves.
My favourite!




Photos used are from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment